Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Coco before Chanel

As it is already clear, I am a huge fan of Chanel so when I saw the movie "Coco Before Chanel" was available to watch on the little Delta TV screen on my flight to Africa I thought it would be a perfect way to pass the time. When I first started the movie though, little did I know that I would be sitting through 1 hr. 50 mins. of subtitles. However, I thoroughly enjoyed it and listening to the foreign French accents in the background became quite pleasant which made reading all the subtitles not so cumbersome. I learned many things about Chanel that I never would have guessed. For instance the fact that she was originally an orphan as a child and through one extraordinary journey she became legendary woman she is today. Gabrielle (nicknamed Coco at a bar she used to sing for) was able to rise from poverty and create an upscale worldwide brand that is the empitomy of classy and chic. If anyone is interested in the story of how Chanel came to design her timeless collections, I would definitely recommend this movie! Just today I also purchased the book "The Gospel According to Coco Chanel" so thats next to read on my to-do list!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment