Thursday, July 28, 2011

Party Nails

loophole
Since 1981, essie has been America's nail salon expert. With over 300 unique colors, it is quite apparent that there is an abundance of different color options to chose from for every occasion. At an Allure meeting the other day, Spa Chicks, a pop-up marketing mobile spa company, did an excellent job with bringing in top essie colors and giving mini-manicures. At first, the lady kindly suggested that I should pick the metallic gold color but after careful observation of my skin tone, she recommended that I go with the silver "loophole". I'm glad I took her advice because this molten chrome finish really shines and matches with pretty much anything. It clearly makes a statement without being too flashy for work and other proffesional occasions.


Although the silver does look nice on it's own, I have always prefered my nails with some glitter and sparkle. After a recent Sephora trip when they were testing out their new line of nail glitter by OPI, I decided to purchase the gunmetal glitter pot. Therefore, adding this to my plain silver polish on just one nail on each hand I knew would make for some great "party nails".
{Sephora nail by OPI glitter pot; Sally Hansen Diamond Shine Base & Top Coat}
{My nails before with the 2 coats of Essie's "loophole"}

{apply top coat over the whole nail}
{turn over your finger dipping your whole nail into the glitter pot}
{apply top coat one more time giving the glitter some extra hold and shine}

{End result}

1 comment: